Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Art

Lauren's drawing

The kids drew their first real pictures for art today. Of course I am viewing them with a mother's eye and in my opinion they are fab! We have been discussing the 5 basic elements/families in art (dot, circle, line, angled line, curved line) for the past few weeks and today we finally got to apply them. It actually worked! I have to say I was a little shocked. They new what I was talking about and were able to recreate my instructions with markers in their sketchbooks. Bruce actually thought they had traced their pictures and I was so excited to tell him - nope, they did it themselves! I am very impressed with this art program so far. Too easy!



Braden's Drawing

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those ARE fantastic. Its not an easy concept and the fact that they totally understood it says a lot. What was our art teachers name who told us not to look at the object but the space around it?
    I remember exactly what you said after he told us that and I still laugh at it today. Do you remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't...is it really embarrassing? All I remember is our art teacher at LHS telling me I drew like Stevie Wonder. I never was much of an artist.

    ReplyDelete