Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vacuum Cleaners

Our cherished vacuum cleaner went on to vacuum cleaner heaven this past week. It has served us well. Since it has been at least a week since I have vacuumed anything in the house, I decided to head out and look for a new one today. Bruce suggested we get a Dyson. Um, yeah, ok. You see the problem with that is that I am one of the cheapest people on earth (on some things) and I just can't justify spending the amount of a car payment on a vacuum cleaner. Besides, there is one basic function of a vacuum cleaner and that is to VACUUM. So, either it does or it doesn't. While shopping at Target today I discovered a cute little light-weight black number. 40 bucks. Ah, this will get us by until we make a life changing decision about which body part to sell. I came home and could not wait to assemble this new machinery. I love to vacuum. I really do. It is up there with mowing. I like to make neat lines and see all that I have accomplished. After plugging it in and pressing the flimsy start button I soon realized what some of the "features" of a $40 vacuum are. They are as follows:

1. The cord is extra short for those easy to reach places.
2. The wheels don't actually roll.
3. If you touch any part of the handle lower than the plastic, you will be shocked.
4. It is really really loud.
5. The entire cord does not fit around the cord holder thing.

However, the crumbs are off of the floor now and it did actually vacuum, so my theory still holds.

1 comment:

  1. You love to vacuum, huh? Must have been all of those nights closing at The Love Shop, right? :)

    ReplyDelete